Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The institute is recognised worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research. Reputed for the outstanding calibre of students graduating from its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the institute attracts the best students from the country for its bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes. Research and academic programmes at IIT Bombay are driven by an outstanding faculty, many of whom are reputed for their research contributions internationally. Over the years, the institute has created a niche for its innovative short-term courses through continuing education and distance education programmes.
For more details please visit www.iitb.ac.in
Desai Sethi Centre for Entrepreneurship
Established in June 2014, as an Inter-Disciplinary Programme Centre (IDPC), Desai Sethi Centre for Entrepreneurship plays a key role in fulfilling the need for entrepreneurship education, mentoring and research. The Centre, one of its kinds in India, aims to create a unique model leveraging on the strengths and positions at IIT Bombay to nuture entrepreneurship.
The Centre works as a catalyst between the various elements of IITB’s thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem. With a vision for tomorrow, the Centre provides support towards:
- Business inputs for aspiring ‘techno entrepreneurs’ through structured courses.
- Mentoring and networking for first generation entrepreneurs
- Infrastructure for technology start-ups
- Concept to commercialization
- Government and corporate grants for start-ups
- 8 courses in Entrepreneurship – designed towards interactive classroom sessions as well as projects.
- Tech. Minor Program in Entrepreneurship
- Ignition Studio (for Product Prototyping)
- Micro-grants and infrastructure support for development of Proof-of-Concept
- Mentoring support
- Speakers’ Series
The Centre strives towards academic excellence and a significant contribution to the overall ecosystem of entrepreneurship education and research in India.
For more details please visit http://www.iitb.ac.in/dsce/en